Sunday, September 03, 2006

John Hancock Tower, Shedd aquarium

This rounds out the photos from the Chicago trip. Below is a photo from the outside of the John Hancock Tower, considered the "best view of Chicago".


Below is a view of the city from the 94th floor observation deck. Unforntunately, it was a bit foggy that day. On a clear day it is said that you can see four different states: Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, and my home state, Michigan.


This is a closer shot of the Sears tower, the tallest building in the USA.


These are a few photos from the Shedd Aquarium, located on the waterfront close to the Adler Planetarium and the Field Museum.

This fellow is from the Iguana display near the front entrance. He's a blue iguana from the Carribean.


Man, that looks like one tasty crabbie patty! Fry me one up, SpongeBob!


Moray Eel, the only flash photo I took.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

THese photos are awesome, especially love the animals!

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Thanks for these photos of the cityscapes. I like them. Why? Well, it reminds me that there is a real world out there. People like you who visit them.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Yes, they are very cool!

Anonymous said...

Woew, Tim, you've been busy while I've been camping. Looks like you had a great time. You've posted pics of a few of my old haunts. Those museums are great, aren't they?

Tim said...

Sorry but I had to delete a comment. I just can't have that nasty stuff on here. Two guys doing the nasty has to go!

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

No new posts?

Granny Snark said...

Great photos, Tim! Makes me yearn for a trip to Chi-town. I was there back in March and you've made me realize it's time to go back again.

Tim said...

CHuang, I have been quite busy with work, but hang in there! I'll be doing a new drawing soon!

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Less slackin'
More postin'

Tim said...

PJ- thanks for stopping by. I hope you come back often, fellow Mighigander!

JimmyB- I know!