Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Spring

Spring is here early in Detroit. The Redwinged blackbirds are back with their gentle calls, and the songbirds as well. It is quite peaceful here and a great place to recharge after yet another long road trip. Soon, it will be time to put the boat in and get out the windsurfing equipment. Here are some pics from my back yard.

This is the Forsythia by the Back door. It needs a little pruning. That pine tree behind it has died and will need to be cut down. Very sad. The songbirds loved it.

First Croucuses of spring. They don't last long, so you have to see them the first day or two.

Canadaian Geese in the river behind my yard.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring is the best time in the midwest, IMO, although Michigan in particular is gorgeous in the fall, too.

O' Tim said...

Got any boiled peanuts?

Paula said...

Nice pics! I love the geese.

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Great pics.
Did you get any of the snow? ;)

Pirate said...

I may be getting a project in Michigan this summer. I canhardly wait to see the area. Looks great.

Tim said...

JTT- As much as I fret about the economy, this is my home and I love it very much. I get to a lot of places but have not found a better one to call home.
O'Tim- I don't feed the geese. They crap all over everything and I try to keep them out of my yard.
Ducks are much nicer as the mess is way less. I have had 70+ ducks in the backyard many times.
CUG-Snowed like crazy the next day.
Paula- The geese are fun to watch, escepially when they have babies in tow.
Pirate- I'd like to see your state. I've never been to Oregon, Washington, Idaho or Montana. They are all on my must see list.

Anonymous said...

Did I ever mention that my Mom was born and raised in Garden City? I still have family up there, but I'd have to look them up to remember where they are (no, we're not a close-knit clan!).

shoprat said...

I noted the sudden change in temp Thursday. Today has been real weird.

Where I live the Canadian geese spend the winter here and no longer migrate. I guess we feed them too much.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Breathtaking beauty!

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Do you mind sharing more of these photos, Tim?