Saturday, February 09, 2008

Key Largo, Florida

Well it's time for another post! I was down in the Keys for our East Coast Field Service meeting and enjoyed it very much. Here are the pics with commentary:

Here we find our hero kickin' it under a palm tree after lunch on the hotel beach. We stayed at a Marriott resort down there that was really nice.




These are my collegues Shanna, Mike, and Wayne. Wayne is the photghaphy king of our band. He regularly goes to zillions of rock concerts and has an excellent webite, http://www.waynedennon.com/ , where you can see his excellent concert photos. I'm telling you now, Wayne: I'm not taking over your territory when you finally go pro!

A couple of sailboats moored offshore from the hotel.



Outside magazine says that Key Largo has the USA's best sunsets. I would tend to agree.

The day before returning home, we took two boats out to the reef to snorkel, with me as captain of the second boat. Unfortunately, we had six to eight foot seas and 20 knot winds, which negated our ability to tie up to the mooring buoys much less go snorkeling. Our location was the John Pennekamp State Park, and Underwater preserve of breathtaking beauty.

Here are the guys in the first boat. Wayne is the one in the red trunks.

Yes, overall a great trip to a great place that I am definately planning on returning to. I'm planning to learn to scuba dive in the meantime and take another crack at that reef.

10 comments:

Paula said...

Nice photos! Wow, I could use a vacation. :)

Anonymous said...

Amen to that, UV! You know, Tim, you look a lot like a guy I know here in Alb.

shoprat said...

I've been to Florida several times but never the Keys. I spend most of my time there in the Orlando - Cocoa Beach area.

O' Tim said...

What's all this I hear about snorkeling reefs and crack?

Never Mind.

Looks like you kicked back sufficiently for an "East Coast Field Service meeting."

Tim said...

Paula- It was great. Came home and skied the next day. Also saw the Space Shuttle launch out the window of the plane!

Joe-You caught me! I have a second wife and Kids in New Mexico!

SR- Been to Orlando and am possibly going to Cocoa Beach to do some windsurfing.

O'tim- "Say no to crack!" was much in evidence lounging by the pool with the other old people. And yes, we had an incredible bar tab!

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Sorry Tim, I have been preoccupied lately. Work and more. Thus...

Anonymous said...

RIP Steve Gerber.

I LOVED Howard, have almost every issue.

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Why no, I'm not jealous at all.

OK. I am.

Looks like a great time, Tim.

Anonymous said...

I keep seeing all the ads on TV to visit Florida, but your post here has sold me!

Thanks a bunch!!

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

The colours of the waters! Stunning!

The sunset too!